Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Healthy Yum


Since I'm trying to cut down on carbs, I was looking on the Trader Joe's website for healthy low carb alternatives. I saw that eggplant , bell peppers, and mushrooms were on sale and decided to make eggplant pizza.  


Ingredients:
Egg plant sliced into thick rounds (1/2-3/4 ")
egg
flour
tomato sauce
mozzarella cheese
peppers
mushrooms

I dipped the egg plant slices into egg and coated with flour.
Placed them on a pan and baked them for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  
After that, put sauce and drizzle cheese on top of the egg plant slices.  
Add the shrooms and peppers on top and bake until the cheese melts.  



The eggplant was crispy and light..almost like bread.  

I can't wait to eat my lunch...eggplant and my mom fried tofu for me.  Last night I had to tutor and she offered me soda which I didn't drink :). But I also ate pringle chips and cookies. AND my mom bought 4 bags of potato chips!!  But she did buy greek yogurt that I'm loving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment