Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cruising part II


I regret not taking pictures of the ports but honestly the beaches weren't that spectacular.  I went on a cruise to the Caribbeans back in January and the islands were nicer. So if you're thinking of going on a cruise go to the Caribbeans (or better yet, Europe :D) 

Overall the vacation was great.  I'm sad to be back but I missed my cats so much!! They ignored me and were all over my sister's fiancee >:(  


View from the ship
First meal on the cruise.  Buffet lunch..I don't care for buffets.. I think buffets are kinda gross.  
We went to an art auction because they were giving free champagne haha 


Chris and I were looking at the specialty restaurants ever since we decided to go on the cruise with his family.  We first wanted to go the French restaurant but nothing really stuck out.  His cousins went to the Brazilian BBQ restaurantChurrascaria.  They kept raving about it so Chris and I decided to go.  Oh yeah they liked it so much that they ate with us.  


Early bird special~~ One free bottle of wine for every couple! We decided on two reds and one white.  I'm not much of a wine drinker so Chris gave ours to his parents.  
Chimichurri!

Fried bananas (OMG SO GOOD!), black beans, rice, and mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes were made out of the box but they were pretty good LOL.  I ate mostly the beans...I tried to avoid carbs on the cruise.  
Chris's ceviche.  Ugh. his cousins kept saying the fish is cooked by the lime juice.  It's not COOKED. Fish is MARINATED in lime juice. There is no heat involved.  Proteins are denatured by the citric acid.

All you can eat salad bar haha.  Omg. I LOVE fresh mozzarella and tomatoes!  


Okay so with Brazilian BBQs, each server goes around to each table with a skewer of meat.  Each person gets a card that's red on one side and green on the other.  Red means stop and green means go meaning the server will go to you and give you a slab of meat on your plate.  

Bacon covered chicken. 


It was OK. Too salty 
I think this was either the garlic beef or filet mignon? Both were good. I liked the filet the best 
Chicken was excellent 

Sausages. They were so salty.  




Haha you can see that my card is green for go.  The ribs weren't anything special.  
My favorite was the grilled pineapple!!!!! It was marinated in brown sugar and then roasted on the grill for five minutes. I'm definitely going to try to replicate it soon! 



Papaya cream for dessert :)

Oh and I wish I took pictures but it was very sudden and random.  We saw dolphins jumping out of the water! 


The restaurant was awesome.  Just like the rest of the cruise ship, the service was spectacular.  They really do go out of their way to make you feel special. 

So we ate at the restaurant on the last night...and slept for hours. We missed the last night show :( and since I had to pack I stayed in the cabin while Chris went out to play poker.  (BTW he won big!!) 

We ordered room service because he had 7 dollars left on the card.  


We stayed up to 5AM watching You've Got Mail while eating on the bed.  We woke up at 7AM to get ready :/  

I can't wait for my next vacation! :) I saved enough to go somewhere now but I want to go somewhere during the winter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment